1 October 2017

The first of my 31 Days of a Quiet Heart...
The perfect image for the month from my Painting Dreams calendar which hangs on the kitchen door:
It is, indeed, a month of 'deep reflection'... a month of listening to the wisdom of crows, of trees, of Spirit....
... and of the sacred journey - I still pull a card a day from this deck, and today's couldn't be more perfect!
If I needed confirmation I'm doing the 'right' thing this month, I've had it in abundance this morning 😍

Nicole calls today's thought 'At Perfect Peace', and wisely says: 

Real quiet is more than the absence of noise. 
It is something inside the heart

which so reminded me of my beloved Virginia Woolf's words:

You cannot find peace by avoiding life

the poignancy of which make my heart ache as she took her own life... Did dear, troubled Virginia ever find any lasting peace?

So, on this first day of October, I sit with my quiet heart contemplating 'perfect peace' knowing that it is a space within me, a place I go to commune with Spirit, a space I drop down into whenever I feel anxious or stressed by stopping and breathing slower and deeper...

Yes, it can be hard to get to, especially in a physically noisy place or a psychologically anxious place (for me it's whenever there are conflicts in a room between strong personalities, I immediately internalize the anger/frustration being voiced) . But I can get there by breathing, by letting go, by believing there IS peace, a perfect peace, a peace the world can never break, no matter how it tries.

This is my faith. A faith I've always had from being a child lying on the village cricket field looking at the wind moving the clouds above me, the tall trees around me, yet I, flat on my back, felt no wind, no ruffles, only warmth, and light, and a deep sense of being held...

This image is my touchstone. I carry it deep within me, and I know I can find it at any time, in any situation. It is my piece of perfect peace.

2 comments: