4 August 2017

Before I show today's journal prompt, I wanted to share this...
Since mid-June, when I acquired these cards and journal (I got mine secondhand, but unused, from an Amazon seller), I've drawn a card a day. I love the simple graphics and the earthy colour palette, and today's seems very appropriate: drop expectation and trust the flow of inspiration 😊 
But also, it was only yesterday, that I really noticed the back of the cards...
And just how perfect the words are for what we're doing in Authentic August - we really are celebrating the art of journalling for our souls!

Which all leads very nicely on to today's word 
I don't know if you can read my acrostic as it's written in gold ink. It reads:
Begin
Living
Every
Sacred
Second
In
Never-ending
Gratitude
And on the back of the fern postcard on the right, I've adapted a Celtic blessing by Fiona Macleod:
A Blessing
Deep peace, a white dove to you
Deep peace, a green leaf to you
Deep peace, a quiet rain to you
Deep peace of the running wave to you
Deep peace of the flowing air to you
Deep peace of the sleeping stones to you
Deep peace of the flock of stars to you
Deep peace from the Son of Peace to you
Deep peace from the heart of Mary to you
Deep peace, deep peace!

To be a blessing, to give a blessing, is to be blessed in return - that's how it works... Like love really - to be loved, we need to love, it makes us more lovable, I think 😍
What do you think?
Do you bless others (other than when they sneeze 👃) - either out loud or in the silence of your heart? I'm sure it doesn't matter which...
Share any thoughts in the comments below or here. Anyone can join in - one day, several days, any day - it's all good 💖

3 comments:

  1. Saying it out loud can be like poetry, giving it more substance in the heart. Just now, when I read the words "deep peace," I was left wondering, how does peace become deep? But then, saying it made me feel it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Saying the words aloud definitely makes a difference, doesn't it?
      I think peace becomes deep when we experience it again and again, and discover what helps us enter it... Then it becomes a deep, ready well within, to which we can return whenever we need :)
      Although, we DO need to keep topping it up, so it doesn't run dry...
      What do you think?

      Delete
    2. I think it replenishes naturally, but we need to be careful not to let obstacles get in the way.

      Delete