26 August

Today's word is one I find most poignant. A a child, I remember 'waiting' for my 'real' life to start... I was so convinced my 'real' parents would show up and claim me, as I simply didn't fit into the life I seemed to be living. 
Then as an adult, I waited and waited each month for 7 years to become a mother myself. I've been pregnant 6 times, and four times, a baby was lost... Quite unconsciously, this has become the theme of today's spreads.
Our first daughter, Connie, died in utero at 30 weeks. She would have been 24 a couple of days ago on the 24th... The pain never leaves (there's a rip in my heart that has healed, but it's still there...), and I guess this word-prompt tapped into the waiting all those years ago.
These images make me gasp with their beauty - a Toast model on the left (those eyes, wow!) and that gorgeous vintage card...
Do share any thoughts/insights on 'Wait', or join us here.

No comments:

Post a Comment