31 Days

Throughout October, I'm going to do this:
I can't remember how I found Nicole's site, and she did this back in 2015, but it spoke to me...

It feels especially important right now, as next Saturday (7th Oct), I am being relicensed as a Reader (an Anglican lay minister) here. The last time I was licensed was in 2004, and it was here as we were living in Southwell diocese; and then the stroke hit in May 2007. It's been a long, slow, difficult 10 years, but I'm now back leading services once a month, hosting a prayer group, and next year, a Lenten group.

It feels good to be Home 😊
I still struggle with many of the Church's official stances, but here, in this parish, I feel totally welcomed and supported

Today, as an Introduction, there's a prayer for a quiet heart:

As the days shorten here in the UK, I naturally spend my days more quietly, I read more, ponder more, pray more... dropping down deep as the leaves fall, like the trees' life-giving sap drops down to their roots. I want to return to the root of my quiet heart, to connect more deeply with Spirit, to talk more with my God, and to listen... to really, really listen.

No comments:

Post a Comment