15 August

Today's word is night (apologies for the blurry photos - my trusty camera is not at its best in low light)
Once again a see-through page is well-met - you can just see the smoking candle through its opaqueness... it's as if the young girl has just blown it out at her bedside, as she snuggles down to sleep and dream... of owls silently hunting, and hungry fox-cubs...
On the tab that hold the card, I've put a sticker that reads 'bedtime'.
And on the back of the postcard, my random thoughts on 'Night'
What are your night throughts?
Were you afraid of the dark as a child? Now, as an adult?
Do share in the comments below, or in our lovely group.
Here's the picture on the other side of the frosted page, and a 'dream' ticket 😊

7 comments:

  1. I love all of your pages, but I think this spread is my favorite so far. The images are beautiful and compelling and evoke such a feeling of Night--but your words on the back of the postcard take everything even deeper. They are pure poetry.♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Sue, for your lovely comment <3 Some word-prompts are just easier to respond to than others...

      Delete
  2. I'm a night owl... and yes, sound is different at night!!! The night has always seemed calm and deep to me.... as if it held secrets yet was a friend. I was scared of it on occasion as a little girl, but not much. I never needed a night light or anything (that I can remember). I loved going out to dinners etc with my parents when all the kids got to play outside in the dark...playing hide and seek outside in the blackness was my favourite game - ever!!! (Yeah, I'm a little weird, I think).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, not weird at all, Linda! Playing out till 10pm was one of THE best childhood treats! We would play tag/hide & seek around our two villages for HOURS, till more and more parents called us in...
      Thank you for your comment and for stirring such memories <3

      Delete
    2. Now that, would be wonderful... playing tag and hide and seek around a village for hours at night. Bliss!! xox

      Delete
  3. Wonderful spread! I grew up in central Oregon, and loved our clear night skids, with STARS, and the milky way!! Ooo, it was beautiful! My mama taught me Orion, Cassiopeia, the Pleiades, we watched eclipses and shooting stars, ... and as a young adult, learned that in the valley, we have glow worms (larval beetles, related to fireflies!) Which can only be seen in the grass if it's nice and dark!
    I did have a "witch under my bed," (lol) so sometimes was nervous on my bedroom! But I had a little blue being who stood by my for (about as tall as the doorknob!) ... whom I now think of as Pleiadian...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, such wonderful, magical memories, Nadya! Thank you so much for sharing <3

      Delete